By Umberto Ansaldo
Read or Download Contact Languages: Ecology and Evolution in Asia (Cambridge Approaches to Language Contact) PDF
Similar linguistics books
Adopting a multi-disciplinary technique, the publication presents a radical grounding in metaphor and be aware that means, theories at the processing and figuring out of metaphorical language, and metaphor in different languages and translation. Rosamund Moon and Murray Knowles, draw on a big variety of fabric to discover metaphor with regards to textual content, discourse and society.
An in depth evaluate of the theories, options, learn equipment, and findings within the box of language coverage is supplied the following in a single available resource. the writer proposes new methodological, theoretical, and conceptual instructions and gives tips for doing language coverage research.
Narrative Inquiry in Language instructing and studying learn offers an entry-level advent to investigate equipment utilizing tales, as facts or as a way of proposing findings, that's grounded in released empirical learn in the box of language educating and studying. It discusses uncomplicated definitions and ideas in narrative inquiry, explains how and why narrative equipment were utilized in language educating and studying examine, and descriptions different ways and issues lined by way of this study.
Selecting and interpreting political, socio-psychological and symbolic borders, Language, Borders and id features a huge, geographically different spectrum of border contexts, taking a multi-disciplinary process via combining sociolinguistics examine with human geography, anthropology and social psychology.
- The Linguistics of Political Argument: The Spin-Doctor and the Wolf-Pack at the White House (Routledge Advances in Corpus Linguistics)
- Tone (Cambridge Textbooks in Linguistics)
- Language in Immigrant America
- Black Street Speech: Its History, Structure, and Survival (Texas Linguistics Series)
- A Minimalist Approach to Scrambling: Evidence from Persian (Studies in Generative Grammar [SGG])
- Linguistic Theories of Humor (Approaches to Semiotics)
Additional info for Contact Languages: Ecology and Evolution in Asia (Cambridge Approaches to Language Contact)