By Xiaofei Lu
This quantity presents language and linguistics researchers with an available advent to the state of the art NLP expertise that enables automated annotation and research of huge textual content corpora at either shallow and deep linguistic degrees. The e-book covers a variety of computational instruments for lexical, syntactic, semantic, pragmatic and discourse research, including specific directions on how one can receive, set up and use each one instrument in numerous working structures and structures. The publication illustrates how NLP expertise has been utilized in fresh corpus-based language reviews and indicates potent how one can greater combine such expertise in destiny corpus linguistics research.
This ebook offers language and linguistics researchers with a priceless reference for corpus annotation and analysis.
Read Online or Download Computational Methods for Corpus Annotation and Analysis PDF
Best linguistics books
Adopting a multi-disciplinary technique, the ebook presents an intensive grounding in metaphor and notice which means, theories at the processing and figuring out of metaphorical language, and metaphor in different languages and translation. Rosamund Moon and Murray Knowles, draw on a big variety of fabric to discover metaphor in terms of textual content, discourse and society.
An in depth evaluate of the theories, techniques, learn equipment, and findings within the box of language coverage is supplied the following in a single available resource. the writer proposes new methodological, theoretical, and conceptual instructions and provides information for doing language coverage research.
Narrative Inquiry in Language educating and studying study offers an entry-level creation to analyze tools utilizing tales, as facts or as a method of proposing findings, that's grounded in released empirical examine in the box of language educating and studying. It discusses simple definitions and ideas in narrative inquiry, explains how and why narrative tools were utilized in language instructing and studying learn, and descriptions the several methods and issues coated through this learn.
Making a choice on and studying political, socio-psychological and symbolic borders, Language, Borders and identification features a wide, geographically varied spectrum of border contexts, taking a multi-disciplinary procedure by way of combining sociolinguistics study with human geography, anthropology and social psychology.
- Japan, China, and the Growth of the Asian International Economy, 1850-1949: v. 1 (Japanese Studies in Economic and Social History)
- Neurolinguistic and Psycholinguistic Perspectives on SLA (Second Language Acquisition)
- Style and Social Identities: Alternative Approaches to Linguistic Heterogeneity (Language, Power and Social Process [LPSP])
- Das Wörterbuch der Botokuden-Sprache. Entstehung, Rezeption und metalexikographische Analyse (German Edition)
- Das amerikanische Spanisch: Ein regionaler und historischer Überblick (Romanistische Arbeitshefte) (German Edition)
- English Syntax in Three Dimensions: History – Synchrony – Diachrony (Mouton Textbook)
Extra resources for Computational Methods for Corpus Annotation and Analysis