By Martin J. Ball
- fills hole within the literature for speech-language pathologists by means of addressing how sociolinguistic learn paradigms may be utilized to overview, analysis and remedy within the scientific situation
- collects newly commissioned articles written by way of most sensible students within the field
- includes chapters that define findings from sociolinguistic learn during the last forty years and element to the relevance of such findings for practising speech-language pathologists
- discusses issues together with bilingualism, code-switching, language making plans, and African-American English
Read Online or Download Clinical Sociolinguistics (Language in Society) PDF
Similar linguistics books
Adopting a multi-disciplinary technique, the ebook offers an intensive grounding in metaphor and note which means, theories at the processing and figuring out of metaphorical language, and metaphor in different languages and translation. Rosamund Moon and Murray Knowles, draw on a big variety of fabric to discover metaphor in terms of textual content, discourse and society.
An in depth evaluate of the theories, innovations, examine equipment, and findings within the box of language coverage is equipped the following in a single obtainable resource. the writer proposes new methodological, theoretical, and conceptual instructions and provides assistance for doing language coverage research.
Narrative Inquiry in Language educating and studying examine offers an entry-level advent to analyze tools utilizing tales, as info or as a method of providing findings, that's grounded in released empirical learn in the box of language educating and studying. It discusses easy definitions and ideas in narrative inquiry, explains how and why narrative equipment were utilized in language educating and studying study, and descriptions the various techniques and themes lined by means of this study.
Choosing and reading political, socio-psychological and symbolic borders, Language, Borders and identification includes a vast, geographically assorted spectrum of border contexts, taking a multi-disciplinary method by means of combining sociolinguistics learn with human geography, anthropology and social psychology.
- Nachweis lexikalisch-semantischer Merkmale innerhalb einer Sprache an einem ausgewählten Textbeispiel (German Edition)
- Arguments as Relations (Linguistic Inquiry Monographs)
- The Oxford Handbook of Local and Regional Democracy in Europe (Oxford Handbooks)
- Erklärungshandlungen in populärwissenschaftlicher Literatur (German Edition)
- Contemporary Task-Based Language Teaching in Asia (Contemporary Studies in Linguistics)
- Language Development (BPS Textbooks in Psychology)
Additional info for Clinical Sociolinguistics (Language in Society)