By Eric Magnuson
Read or Download Changing Men, Transforming Culture: Inside the Men's Movement (The Yale Cultural Sociology Series) PDF
Best gender studies books
Wissenschaftlicher Aufsatz aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Frauenstudien / Gender-Forschung, , Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Stigmatization is a bottleneck in battling GBV. but Gender-Based Violence (GBV) is a pervasive challenge in academic associations which could have devastating affects on these affected starting from absenteeism, serious psychological and actual health and wellbeing matters, dropouts and in such a lot serious instances, suicide.
With content material prepared round monstrous questions about gender, wondering Gender: A Sociological Exploration serves as a point-of-departure for conversations about gender, and as a source for exploring solutions to lots of these questions. Rather than offering definitive solutions, this designated publication exposes readers to new fabric that would make them query their assumptions.
Privilege is ready greater than being white, prosperous, and maleas Michael Kimmel, Abby Ferber, and more than a few participants clarify during this well timed anthology. In an period whilst diversity” is just too usually shorthand for of colour” and/or female,” the non-public and analytical essays during this assortment discover the multifaceted nature of social place and think about how gender, type, race, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, and faith have interaction to create nuanced layers of privilege and oppression.
During this obtainable, attractive, and up to date direction book, Susan L. Brown employs ethnographic vignettes and demographic information to introduce scholars to twenty-first century views on contemporary families. Appropriate as a first-rate or secondary textual content in sessions on family and marriage, this ebook probes momentous shifts within the definition of relations, similar to the legalization of same-sex marriage and coverage debates on welfare reform and work-family matters.
- When Women Sexually Abuse Men: The Hidden Side of Rape, Stalking, Harassment, and Sexual Assault: The Hidden Side of Rape, Stalking, Harassment, and Sexual Assault
- Women and War in the Twentieth Century: Enlisted with or without Consent (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
- At Home in Nineteenth-Century America: A Documentary History
- Männer im Konflikt: Traditionen, "Neue Vaterschaft" und Kinderlosigkeit (German Edition)
- The Many Lives of a Rajput Queen: Heroic Pasts in India, c. 1500-1900
- Democratic Policing in Transitional and Developing Countries (Interdisciplinary Research Series in Ethnic, Gender and Class Relations)
Extra resources for Changing Men, Transforming Culture: Inside the Men's Movement (The Yale Cultural Sociology Series)