By H. Fuller
Read or Download Building the Ghanaian Nation-State: Kwame Nkrumah’s Symbolic Nationalism (African Histories and Modernities) PDF
Best african history books
This is often the 1st biographical dictionary of significant political leaders in sub-Saharan Africa due to the fact that 1945, leaders who've made vital and sometimes determinative contributions to politics and govt of their international locations and within the sector as a complete. Editor Harvey Glickman has introduced jointly a global crew of specialists to profile fifty-three vital heads of kingdom, theorists, occasion leaders, and politicians from a consultant staff of African international locations.
The sport of Conservation is a brilliantly crafted and hugely readable exam of nature defense world wide. Twentieth-century nature conservation treaties usually originated as makes an attempt to manage the speed of killing instead of as makes an attempt to guard animal habitat. a few have been brought on through significant breakthroughs in firearm strategies, equivalent to the discovery of the elephant gun and grenade harpoons, yet agricultural improvement used to be not less than as vital as searching laws in picking the destiny of migratory species.
Breaking new floor within the realizing of sexuality's complicated courting to colonialism, whilst intercourse Threatened the nation illuminates the makes an attempt at regulating prostitution in colonial Nigeria. As Saheed Aderinto indicates, British colonizers observed prostitution as an African kind of sexual primitivity and an issue to be solved as a part of imperialism's "civilizing mission".
A reconstruction of the background and customs of the Gogo humans of Africa, dependent partly on oral histories, tribal legends and myths. This paintings was once first released in Swahili in 1954 and was once subsidized by way of the British Colonial govt in an try to advertise "tribal" cohesion.
- Islamic Intellectual History in the Seventeenth Century: Scholarly Currents in the Ottoman Empire and the Maghreb
- Le Cameroun postcolonial dans le viseur des terroristes européens et camerounais: Essai sur la Guerre Froide entre les Anglophones et les Francophones (French Edition)
- The Ethiopian Jewish Exodus: Narratives of the Journey (Routledge Studies in Memory and Narrative)
- Guinea Conakry African Art, Culture, Politics, Economy: Inside-out of Guinea and Africa
- The Second British Empire: In the Crucible of the Twentieth Century (Critical Issues in World and International History)
- Racial Structure and Radical Politics in the African Diaspora: Volume 2, Africana Studies: 3
Extra resources for Building the Ghanaian Nation-State: Kwame Nkrumah’s Symbolic Nationalism (African Histories and Modernities)