By Daniel Don Nanjira
This ebook deals a continent-wide exam of Africa's international coverage and international relations, addressing the relevance of its many languages, precolonial background, conventional price platforms, and former foreign relationships.
• provides an exhaustive review of the entire African countries and their diplomacy from the viewpoint of African heritage and the continent's traditions of statecraft
• includes attention-grabbing information about Africa's normal source base, its prestige because the "Cradle of Humankind," descriptions of Africa as ''The darkish Continent," Africa's paradoxes, and the explanations for Africa's isolation, exploitation, impoverishment, and marginalization
• Six charts supply convenient connection with issues corresponding to territories and areas adjoining to Africa within the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, dates of independence, prestige, and leaders of African nations at independence and now, and years of political independence of Sub-Saharan African countries
• contains six necessary maps, together with an international map and actual, historic, colonial, nearby and political maps of Africa
Read or Download African Foreign Policy and Diplomacy from Antiquity to the 21st Century PDF
Similar african history books
This is often the 1st biographical dictionary of significant political leaders in sub-Saharan Africa when you consider that 1945, leaders who've made very important and sometimes determinative contributions to politics and govt of their nations and within the zone as an entire. Editor Harvey Glickman has introduced jointly a world group of specialists to profile fifty-three vital heads of kingdom, theorists, get together leaders, and politicians from a consultant crew of African international locations.
The sport of Conservation is a brilliantly crafted and hugely readable exam of nature defense all over the world. Twentieth-century nature conservation treaties usually originated as makes an attempt to control the speed of killing instead of as makes an attempt to guard animal habitat. a few have been caused by means of significant breakthroughs in firearm suggestions, reminiscent of the discovery of the elephant gun and grenade harpoons, yet agricultural improvement was once a minimum of as very important as looking rules in opting for the destiny of migratory species.
Breaking new flooring within the realizing of sexuality's advanced courting to colonialism, while intercourse Threatened the nation illuminates the makes an attempt at regulating prostitution in colonial Nigeria. As Saheed Aderinto exhibits, British colonizers observed prostitution as an African type of sexual primitivity and an issue to be solved as a part of imperialism's "civilizing mission".
A reconstruction of the heritage and customs of the Gogo humans of Africa, established partly on oral histories, tribal legends and myths. This paintings used to be first released in Swahili in 1954 and used to be subsidized via the British Colonial executive in an try to advertise "tribal" cohesion.
- Richmond: Living in the Shadow of Death
- Children of Achilles: The Greeks in Asia Minor since the Days of Troy
- Britain, Northern Rhodesia and the First World War: Forgotten Colonial Crisis (Studies in Military and Strategic History)
- From Soldier to Civvy: Reflections on National Service
- The Edge of Islam: Power, Personhood, and Ethnoreligious Boundaries on the Kenya Coast (e-Duke books scholarly collection.)
Additional info for African Foreign Policy and Diplomacy from Antiquity to the 21st Century