By Robert L. Reymond
A modern, foundational assertion of vintage reformed religion, now revised and updated.
- Comprehensive, coherent, contextual, and conversational
- Scripture-saturated, with extra exegesis and extra Scripture quotations than different one-volume theologies
- Upholds vintage Calvinist positions on baptism, the Trinity, church govt, and lots more and plenty more
- Interacts with modern concerns and the paintings of different theologians
- Reveals the author's heat and sensitivity born of greater than 25 years as a professor at top Reformed seminaries
- Numerous appendices protecting unique themes; considerable assets for extra learn via footnotes, and a selective bibliography
- A textbook for theology scholars, a life-long reference for libraries, ministers, academics, theologians
Read Online or Download A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated PDF
Similar christian theology books
During this quantity, popular thinker Merold Westphal introduces present philosophical considering with regards to studying the Bible. spotting that no theology is totally freed from philosophical "contamination," he engages and mines modern hermeneutical idea in provider of the church. After offering a old evaluation of up to date theories of interpretation, Westphal addresses postmodern hermeneutical idea, arguing that the relativity embraced there isn't almost like the relativism during which "anything is going.
Meet the “match made in heaven” among faith and technological know-how as they harmoniously converge via exploring the Catholic view on God and evolution. writer Dr. Verschuuren, a practising Catholic and human geneticist, demanding situations the ‘black and white’ angle towards concerns of faith and technological know-how. via drawing upon faith, philosophy, and biology, he unearths that technology and faith solution varied dimensions to a similar basic query, “Where will we come from?
In Salvation through Grace, Matthew Barrett comprehensively defends the doctrine ofmonergism (the instructing that regeneration is completely the paintings of God) primarilyby taking a look at Scripture but additionally by way of analyzing Reformed theologians and confessions. Barrett additionally presents a useful evaluate of either the Arminian place and contemporaryattempts to chart a center path among Calvinistic and Arminian structures.
Realize the Jewish Jesus What relevance does it have for us that Jesus is Jewish and what distinction should still it make to our religion? within the Jewish Jesus, David Hoffbrand explores the solutions to those and similar questions in a manner that's available to every person. As you notice how Jesus lived, proposal and taught as a Jewish guy, you'll come to grasp Him like by no means earlier than, and locate that His teachings come alive of their unique context.
- Redescribing God: The Roles of Scripture, Tradition, and Reason in Karl Barth's Doctrines of Divine Unity, Constancy, and Eternity (Princeton Theological Monograph Series Book 121)
- Knowing God
- Gift and Giver: The Holy Spirit for Today
- The Dark Side of Destiny: Hell Re-Examined
- Taboo Or To Do?: Is Christianity complementary with yoga, martial arts, Hallowe'en, mindfulness and other alternative practices?
Additional info for A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith: 2nd Edition - Revised and Updated